Want a professional data sharing solution?
Enter the NAS drive. A NAS (Network attached storage) drive is a small computer, running web based software that provides the majority of functions of a server but with a much smaller price tag. There are a variety of brands of NAS drive on the market, but here at PC Repair Leeds, we like to use Synology, a leading manufacturer in their industry.
A NAS drive offers a wide range of features that will help a business securely share data with staff, along with remote off-site access.
A NAS drive will provide the following features, beneficial to any size of business:
- Hierarchical access – This feature allows different staff to access certain files depending upon access rights.
- Remote offsite support – Staff can work from home or any location in the world and still access their work files
- Controlled staff access – Govern when staff are allowed to access data.
- Duplicate file prevention – Just like within a Windows network, if a file is open and another staff member attempts to access it, a duplicate warning is given
- Numerous Applications – Built into a NAS are many different applications such as CCTV monitoring and Media streaming
- Centralised Backup – Easy functionality to backup data both locally and off-site
A Synology NAS drive will cost around £700 dependant upon size of hard drives and setup.